Matches 51 to 100 of 828 » Thumbnails Only
|51||Ash House 1999|
Ash House as it looked in 1999.
Photograph by Bob Mallett.
|52||Ash House 2006|
|53||Ash House c 1850|
This is a painting of Ash House thought to be done by Caroline Mallet, who was born there in 1828. It isn't known when it was painted, but somewhere around 1850 seems likely.
Photo courtesy Dave Dingley.
|54||Ash House c. 1879|
This image of Ash House is from a watercolour produced about 1879, when the Ash estate was put up for sale. It ceased to be the property of the Mallet family around this time.
Photograph of a lithograph of an original watercolour. Photo taken by Bob Mallett.
|55||Ash House, circa 1910.|
|70||Barnstaple "The Square"|
A very early historical photograph of the town square in Barnstaple, from a souvenir album that belonged to Mary Thorne Mallett Henriod (now in the possession of Cheri Theurer).
|71||Barnstaple Parish Church|
A very early photograph of the parish church in Barnstaple, Devon, England from a souvenir booklet that belonged to Mary Thorne Mallett Henriod (now in the possession of Cheri Theurer).
The original clock on the church was made by John Mallett.
Courtesy Cheri Theurer and Karl Whittington.
|72||Barnstaple, Mallets Lane|
This street is near the centre of Barnstaple, Devon. Shown on some old maps as 'Mallets Row'.
|73||Bertha Mallett c 1910|
Courtesy Margaret Chambers.
|74||Bishop Henry Bathurst|
From an original watercolour. He was annointed Bishop of Norwich in 1805. This may have been painted about that time. He was the grandfather of Georgina (Bathurst) Mallet.
Image courtesy of Dave Dingley.
View of village.
Church, Front View.
Church, side view.
|83||Bow Parish Church|
Entrance to churchyard.
|84||Bow Parish Church|
|85||Bow Parish Church|
View of graveyard.
Looking west towards Okehampton.
Farm house next to Bow Parish Church.
Signpost in centre of village giving distances (miles) to local destinations. Notice how close Spreyton and Whiddon Down are which were part of South Tawton parish.
Looking east toward Crediton.
The White Hart Inn can be seen on the left in this photo.
Western edge of the village looking east. The houses on the right are 20th century additions.
|98||Bow, White Hart Inn|
|99||Bow, White Hart Inn|
|100||Bow, White Hart Inn|
This historic hotel was once run by Gilbert Mallett in the early 1800's. His family lived in Okehampton and Petrockstowe, some of whom later moved to Berkshire. These people are connected to the South Tawton branch.