|15||Barnstaple "The Square"|
A very early historical photograph of the town square in Barnstaple, from a souvenir album that belonged to Mary Thorne Mallett Henriod (now in the possession of Cheri Theurer).
|16||Barnstaple, Mallets Lane|
This street is near the centre of Barnstaple, Devon. Shown on some old maps as 'Mallets Row'.
View of village.
Church, Front View.
Church, side view.
|25||Bow Parish Church|
Entrance to churchyard.
|26||Bow Parish Church|
|27||Bow Parish Church|
View of graveyard.
Looking west towards Okehampton.
Farm house next to Bow Parish Church.
Signpost in centre of village giving distances (miles) to local destinations. Notice how close Spreyton and Whiddon Down are which were part of South Tawton parish.
Looking east toward Crediton.
The White Hart Inn can be seen on the left in this photo.
Western edge of the village looking east. The houses on the right are 20th century additions.
|40||Bow, White Hart Inn|
|41||Bow, White Hart Inn|
|42||Bow, White Hart Inn|
This historic hotel was once run by Gilbert Mallett in the early 1800's. His family lived in Okehampton and Petrockstowe, some of whom later moved to Berkshire. These people are connected to the South Tawton branch.
|43||Bow, White Hart Inn|
|44||Bow, White Hart Inn|
Old sign on building exterior, probably 1950's or may be older. Notice the Automobile Association (AA) symbols on it.
|45||Bow, White Hart Inn|
|46||Bow, White Hart Inn|
Sign on building exterior. Notice the careless paint marks around the edge. These signs are worth quite a bit of money; the major brewery chains sometimes use these to make their theme pubs seem more authentic!
|47||Bow, White Hart Inn|
View of the fireplace - this has been in use for 400 years!
|48||Bow, White Hart Inn|
Rear window as seen from the courtyard.
|49||Bow, White Hart Inn|
View of the back of the building as seen from the rear courtyard.